Thursday, October 11, 2007

Change

So much has changed since my last post. And yet, thankfully, one thing hasn't changed. First big change, I'm working on creating more margin in my life. I am in the process of stepping down from my job. It was a tough decision and a long time coming. But God has given me peace that this is the right thing to do for now. More time to focus on my family...kids and husband. More time to clean the house (yee-haw!) and do laundry (yee-haw!) and all those fun things that always need done. And more time to focus on school with my kids. I'm grateful for all of it.

I will certainly miss my job. I worked with some great people. Got the privilege of sharing the gospel with kids, worshipping with kids and serving with some really devoted adults. But "Church" - and I mean the building we go to, the people that are there, the politics and personalities that come into play - can get complicated. It can get messy. If we're not careful, it can cloud our view of God. I don't wish it on anyone.

Thankfully, the one thing that hasn't changed is God's character. He is God no matter what is going on. He still knows, He still hears, He still cares. And no matter what, He will be glorified. It might not be pretty in the process, and it might not happen the way we want it to or in the timeframe that we expect, but He will be glorified. I'm so glad He doesn't change. Too much other stuff does.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Working with you was both a privilege and a joy! You will be missed.

And yay! You have a blog! :)